Pages

Friday, December 31, 2004

Prayers and Blessings to the People of Asia

For the first time in my life, I can truly say that I'm glad to see the year come to an end. This past twelve months has been difficult for me and even tragic for many people I know and love. The coup de grace was the horrible tsunami the day after Christmas. My heart and prayers go to all who were affected by it. How do you pray for 80,000 people I wondered, then watched as the count continued to climb.

Soon the media will begin saying how badly the relief efforts are going, but as I looked at the pictures on CNN, all I could think of was, "where do you start?" As I pray for the victims, and their families and friends, for the lives that have been taken and those that will soon be lost from the after effects of the tidal wave, I will also pray for the survivors and the people who offer to help. My prayer is that God will give each one the strength to begin life again in 2005. Through my tears I ask God to bless every one of you.

No comments: