Pages

Monday, February 21, 2005

Learning from Mistakes

I've been writing a lot for The Abbey in Soul Food Cafe. While checking the new posts today, I spotted three typos in the last paragraph of my carefully spell-checked story. When I went back to edit I discovered that every Oreo (my cat's name) and every Tookey (my parrot's name) had been changed to ore and took. I must have clicked something thinking it would keep all the Oreos and Tookeys, when in truth it replaced them all. As Edison once said, "I now know 100 or so ways not to make a lightbulb." Live and learn.

1 comment:

Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Hi Barbara!

Why don't you do more of the Abbey entries? I mean, this would be a great place to write about your experiences over at the Cafe and all those NEATO people ( like me, ) that you've met and what's it's been like and wow...loads of stuff!