Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Do I Nanowrimo?

Part of me is dying to sign up for Nanowrimo again. Last year I only finished about 17,000 words but I was pleased anyway, since I didn't think I'd even get that much written. I just reread part of my first chapter and I still think it's good. I can't latch onto the concept that writing junk is worthwhile, but it's certainly fun to give myself the limited time of one month to write my brains out.

This year it may be impossible:I'm entranced with Soul Food and have no intention of leaving it even for a month, Crown Financial will last most of November and Jim, from CoffeeHouse says we'll be starting up the crit group within the next couple of weeks.

Still. I have two ideas that have been niggling to be written for ages. One is a collection of short stories that I'd call The Girl Who Loved Doors, and the
other, a combination of fiction and non-fiction called Connecting My Dots.
So, we'll just have to see if it will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just returned from a neighborhood Christmas party and happened to see your memo. A shame no one thought to respond, perhaps they too are party people.

Good luck on your writing, your idea of a short story collection sounds (reads) promising -- I like the title.

Merry Christmas,

John Sullivan