Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Olympic Fever

Okay, I admit it, I have Olympic fever. I like the skating best, but I've looked at quite a few of the evening shows all the way through to midnight. For some peculiar reason, I can watch skiers sail off into space and be completely awed, but the skeleton thing, where they go down the luge run head first, gives me hives.
I used to ride my sled that way and it was great fun, so I guess it's the speed and closeness of the walls that scares me. One of the women was two months pregnant. That's a risk I'd never take.

Athletes amaze me by continuing to compete when they're injured or sick. Because of my disability, I hate to see that. I always think of the possibility of permanent injury. I admire their single mindedness, but personally, I prefer the variety life offers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the skating and Ice Dancing too.I also like many of the sking events.I Think I'm attracted by the creativity,grace and skill.
I too have a disability that does not allow ease of movemement so admire the very best!