Pages

Monday, June 05, 2006

Who Let the Blogs Out?

A co-worker did me the favor of handing me Who Let the Blogs Out? by Biz Stone a couple of days ago. In the first chapter he writes that blogging is a fairly new phenomana, having started in 1999. Since I'm generally about twenty years behind, and started blogging in 2005, I'm feeling positively up-to-date. Who wrote the foreward? Wil Wheaton of Star Trek fame. Now, how could I not read this book?

Besides the history of blogging, there's a mini lesson in HTML, some excellent hints on how to make a few dollars by putting ads on your blog and speculations on the impact blogging will have in the future of the world.

If you're reading this, you're into blogging, in which case get the book. It will add to your appreciation and enthusiasm and get you posting more often.

No comments: