Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Freecycle -- Bless Folks and the Environment All at the Same TIme

I recently signed up with a local Freecycle group. It's a dandy idea, especially when you've caught the declutter bug from FlyLady. People post anything they want to offer (for free--no making money here) and wait to see if they get any takers. My sweet Amazon parrot died of old age a couple of months ago so I offered her lovely big cage. Last count I had seven hopefuls. The first fellow in the e-mail queue came but couldn't get the cage in his car. He'll be back tomorrow, and if not, there are six more bird lovers waiting in line. I have things I've been wanting to give away for years--now I can finally connect with people who can use them. Of course, Freecycle works the other way around too. You can post whatever you need and wait for someone to reply. What a nice way to bless folks and the environment, too. Check Yahoo Groups for your local chapter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. What a wonderful way to help each other out. Sorry to hear about your parrot. I wrote a novel with a parrot in it. Of course the parrot belongs to a pirate:)