Pages

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Don't Toss That Mini Photo Book!

I'm a big fan of those little photo books that are popping up in the mail as free gifts from charities. I know, most folks toss them, but they have some dandy uses if you just think creatively. I like the ones best where you can insert your own cover photo but the others will do in a pinch.

Tuck small note cards with envelopes inside the sleeve or cover; add a couple of stamps and address labels and you can write a friendly greeting whenever you have a spare minute, especially if you include addresses. I also use it as a mini control journal (ala FlyLady). On separate index cards I write my morning and evening routines, current to-do list, folks I'm praying for, Bible verses or bright ideas. I jot down writing prompts so I don't forget them and prayer requests when someone tells me their problems. Keep blank cards in the back; when a card has served its purpose, throw it away.

You can use them for gifts, especially for seniors (they're light as a feather.) Put your picture on the front, or your friend's pet, add specially chosen Bible verses or quotes, a couple of ATC's, if you make them, a tiny sketch, a recipe, stick in a few store coupons, phone numbers for local cab companies, extra index cards.

If you want it to be a bit more attractive cut colored paper to size, but as FlyLady says, don't obsess, it doesn't have to be perfect, your friend will enjoy its convenience and your thoughtfulness.

No comments: