Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Depression

I meet so many people on the internet suffering from depression. I know one can go through it for valid reasons, but there are also times when there seems to be no justification for it at all. It's frightening and puzzling to those around us and most of all to the person who's depressed.

I have no quick fix or easy answer. I read a line somewhere that made me smile. It said, "If you're going through hell, don't stop, keep going!"

So, keep going, try, stay connected with others, ask for help. Pray. Have courage and patience. Do something you love and are good at. Be kind to someone else and understand that we all suffer in this life. Be creative, draw or write. Practice the art of appreciation; depressed or not, a flower is still beautiful, a child, or animal still precious. Pamper yourself and smile, even if you have to smile through your tears. Bake cookies. Remember to love someone--even yourself.







No comments: