Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lemony Who?

Well I guess it's official, I am no longer on the S.S. rolls. I can't be the only one. It would be interesting to hear how many people have been accidentally bounced because they filed for disability at the same time as S.S. I wonder what the average time is to correct this error. Or maybe I don't

I'm beginning to feel like I'm in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.
Title: The Social Security Sinkhole--the sad tale of a perfectly innocent senior citizen whose well-being is endangered in a monumental paper collapse. Please, if you care for your own sanity, go elsewhere and stop reading this heartrending story. Can you bear to watch her go down the tubes when her Medicaid slips into a bottomless crevass? What governmental agency in the labyrinthine chambers of beaurocracy will strike her next from their rolls? Flee now, do not stay to see a model citizen forced to live in a leaky cardboard box under a crumbling bridge.

No comments: